Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Pause, save and resume simulation: is it possible?

0 votes
Hi there!

I'm using Plecs on a server machine and it typically needs to be restarted for updates.
Since I have very long simulations (5-6 days) it would be useful to pause the simulation, save the current state of the whole state space matrix with the current values (like a freeze..), let the server restart and then, resume the simulation from the previous point.
Conceptually it's like a "pause" and "resume" but in between Plecs gets completely shut down.

I don't think this is possible through the Plecs interface but I wonder if an Octace script could do it.

Thanks!
asked Sep 13, 2021 by nikilito (113 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
In principle this functionality is available from the PLECS user interface in "Store current state ..." and "Initialize from stored system state" (in the Initialization tab of the Simulation settings dialog).

However, this only works if there are no hidden states in the models (for example in C-Scripts).
answered Oct 19, 2021 by Oliver Schwartz (618 points)
selected Oct 20, 2021 by nikilito