Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Can RT Box 1 be set for various load settings (like a function generator?)

0 votes
Can the RT Box 1 be setup to drive a 50 Ohm load? When using a function generator there are settings to change output impedance (high and low.)

It seems like the digital output impedance is fixed at 220 Ohms according to the user manual. Can this be changed on the analog outputs?
asked Oct 18, 2021 by Todd (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Todd, the output impedance of the digital and analog output components are fixed and are specified in the RT Box manual.  They cannot be configured.

The output impedance setting of the function generator is used when the load resistance matches the internal resistance of the function generator.  Is that the case with your hardware?  Can you please provide more information if so.
answered Oct 18, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,853 points)
My load is a custom built board.

Since the output impedance is fixed I will change my board to work with the RT box, thank you.