Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

RT box not showing in available RT Boxes

0 votes
Hii,

I am try to interface RT_box to my laptop using static IP address, I followed same in RT-box manual. But there is no communication established between RTbox and laptop. I attached the pictures.

Plz help me in this regard.
asked Apr 5, 2022 by mr_naidu (23 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

There can be several possible reasons for this, so it would be recommended to reach out to support@plexim.com so we could provide guidance better tailored to your unique networking configuration.

That being said, a few recommended debugging steps are below:

1. Can you please make sure that the Zeroconf driver is properly installed on your computer? Please reinstall the package even if you have already installed this in the past. On Windows, you can install the appropriate mDNSInstaller package that is bundled with the Target Support Package. You find the 32-bit and 64-bit installer packages in the folder PLECS_RT_Box/bin/win. 
  2. Can you ping the assigned static IP address?
  3. Are the RT Box as well as your laptop are connected to the same network?  Or is the RT Box connected directly to your PC?  Are your computers network settings appropriate?
  4. Are you able to download the model by manually configuring the "Target device" field with the appropriate IP address?
answered Apr 7, 2022 by Bryan Lieblick (1,853 points)
0 votes
In addition to Bryans answer: If you are using a third-party firewall you need to open UDP port 5353 to make the mDNSInstaller work. This is automatically done for the Windows firewall that ships with your normal Windows installation.
answered Apr 8, 2022 by Oliver Schwartz (618 points)