Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to use the encoder

0 votes
I'm using a Ti 2806x lauchpad target and i want to use the encoder that i've installed in my microcontroller.

in my micro i've got two register for the encoder (QEP1 and QEP2) and both of them are able to be set by two triples of GPIO.(for example the QEP2 can be plug in both GPIO24,GPIO25,GPIO26 and GPIO54,GPIO55,GPIO56). The encoder that is installed is QEP2.

The GPIO that i set for the encoder are GPIO24 for the eQEPA the GPIO25 for the eQEPB and the GPIO26 for the eQEPI . When i run the program in external mode it pops up an error window that tell me that the the GPIOs are not supported by the QEP2 and i don't know why because I checked several times and i'm sure that these GPIO are the right ones for my encoder. Furthermore when I set the parametres of the encoder mask it shows me four different encoder register(QEP1,QEP2,QEP3,QEP4) but i have only two possible register which i can chose. If someone can help me i really appreciate it. thanks
asked Aug 1, 2022 by Luca Mincato (32 points)
Hi Luca,

Your question is best suited for Plexim support. Please email your question to support@plexim.com. We may be able to provide you with a workaround.

Regards,
Manu

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Luca,

QEP support for your desired pin sets is now available with C2000 TSP 1.5.5 -- https://plexim.com/download/tsp_c2000.

Regards,
Manu

answered Aug 5, 2022 by Manu Parimi (363 points)