Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

RTBox Data Capturing

0 votes
Hello everyone,

I have a properly working model for a drive train but need some screenshots from the real time simulation - like a step response to a change in speed command. I normally observe the changes with auto-triggering option but I can't see a proper step response in that case, just an updating screen with current values. How can I manage that, is there a way to see the scope screen over a larger time span or a way to store the data externally?
asked Sep 23, 2022 by burak (16 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

To update the PLECS scope at a desired step response, you should set the "trigger channel", "sensitivity", "trigger level" and "trigger delay" parameters appropriately. To see a larger time span, increase the "number of samples" and/or "decimation" parameters. See the attached example.

This is explained in this video here -- https://youtu.be/zf6PtdZrc7w?t=246, at time stamp 4:06. Although this video is made for the TI C2000 target, the functionality is the same for the RT Box. 

The scope results from real-time simulations can then be printed or exported from the File menu. 

Regards,
Manu

answered Sep 26, 2022 by Manu Parimi (363 points)