Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to operate the PMSM in the Inverter fed PMSM model as a generator?

0 votes
Hi,

I'm using the demo model on inverter fed PMSM as the base to build out a different model, but I'm unsure how to operate the machine as a generator? I have an operating point at a certain high speed and for a certain power range (the torque input will vary) so when I give a controlled torque source, my speed seems extremely low (~30 rad/s) and no matter what machine parameters I change I'm not able to get it close to the speeds I'm trying to reach. Does it come down to a matter of tuning or is there something more basic I'm missing?

In another instance, I'm trying a simpler open-loop implementation of generating the control signals with a constant torque source. I'm attaching a file of the control loop (OL.png). I have 3 phase reference waveforms using which I generate SVPWM inputs to the switches. For a synchronous machine, shouldn't the machine rotate at a speed of (120*Fo/P) where I can control the speed by changing Fo? However, again I'm not seeing the speeds that I expect.

Thanks
asked Sep 23, 2022 by santhoshs99 (24 points)
edited Sep 27, 2022 by santhoshs99

Please log in or register to answer this question.