Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

control of a motor with C2000 block family

0 votes
Hi, I'm Luca Mincato. I'm using C2000 PLECS blocks to drive an SPM motor. Once I'm finished with the alignment of the rotor I want to feed the control with Iq current in order to run the motor. But, once the motor start turning it blocks in the q axis. I'm pretty sure that the control is correct (I don't decouple the axis because first, I wanted to be sure that the control was correct). So I think the problem is the encoder but I don't know how to solve it.
asked Oct 3, 2022 by Luca Mincato (32 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

It is possible that the issue you are experiencing with your SPM motor could be caused by a problem with the encoder. Some potential issues with the encoder that could cause the motor to block in the q axis include:

1. Incorrect encoder wiring: Make sure that the encoder is wired correctly and that all connections are secure.

2. Incorrect encoder resolution: The encoder resolution should match the control system resolution. If the encoder resolution is too low, it may not provide enough feedback to the control system, causing the motor to block in the q axis.

3. Incorrect encoder direction: Make sure that the encoder direction is set correctly in the control system. If the encoder direction is set incorrectly, the control system may not be able to accurately track the rotor position, causing the motor to block in the q axis.

4. Encoder damage: If the encoder has been damaged, it may not be providing accurate feedback to the control system, causing the motor to block in the q axis.

If none of these issues seems to be the cause of the problem, you may want to try running the motor without the encoder to see if the issue persists. This will help you determine if the issue is with the encoder or with the control system.

answered Jan 5, 2023 by johnathon00 (18 points)