Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Where can I find out the expiry date of a PLECS license?

0 votes
Where can I find out the expiry date of a PLECS license?
asked Oct 14, 2022 by malepatisankar (48 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
If you are referring to the expiry date of the license, then I assume you mean a temporary one, as most non-student licenses are perpetual (though we do offer lease terms). To see when a temporary (lease/trial/student) license expires, you can open the PLECS License Manager and click on "Manage license files..." and then select the installed license file.

If it's a non-permanent license, there will be a date on the FEATURE line(s). This is the license expiration date.

If it's a permanent license, the FEATURE line(s) will say "permanent".

If you are referring to the expiry date of the software maintenance service (SMS) of a perpetual license, then this information is not included in the license file, but rather in the text of the email sent with the most recent update of the license file, so you will need to look there.
answered Oct 14, 2022 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)
selected Oct 14, 2022 by malepatisankar