Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to identify the highest value of a signal over time?

0 votes
I have used to maximum block to identify the maximum out of two input vectors, and the maximum value changes based on the instantaneous value of the higher signal, but how do I find the maximum value it reaches over the simulation period? For example, I'm calculating the temperature and I want the highest value it reaches across 2 seconds of the simulation.
asked Oct 28, 2022 by santhoshs99 (24 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

You can use a two-input Max block, with one input being the signal itself, and a second being the output of the Max block being fed though a Memory block. Attached is a simple example (PLECS Standalone) model and screenshots. Let me know if you have any questions.

answered Oct 31, 2022 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)
selected Oct 31, 2022 by santhoshs99