Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

No specific error message for algebraic loop with C-script

0 votes
I want to model a varistor using the functional description given by the manufacturer Littelfuse for PSPICE. The characteristic of the Varistor is modeled as a power function combined with a linear behavior around current zero. I use a variable voltage source which is controlled by the current through itself. It is clear that that is an algebraic loop, but the error message that I get don't show me where the problem is in detail.
asked Mar 8, 2019 by Martello (12 points)
Hello,

The problem stems from exactly what you said- the voltage is directly affected by the current through the voltage source, which is not allowed mathematically. Have you tried using the Variable Resistor component included in the PLECS component library?

Kris

Please log in or register to answer this question.