Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Use plecs to analysis some circuits' or compents' Impedance curve

+1 vote
hello, how can I use plecs to analysis some circuits' or compents' Impedance curve?

Just like the circuit attached.
asked Nov 10, 2022 by fire (73 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Does the attached model do what you intend?
answered Dec 15, 2022 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
selected Feb 8, 2023 by fire
Hi Kris, thank you for your model.

However, is it possible to analyse the impedance module and phase (as ratio between voltage response and current perturbation) and not only the voltage?
This can be useful for EIS analysis simulations in battery systems.

Moreover, is it possible to switch between Bode to Nyquist plot? Or is there a way to "transfer" AC sweep data to XY plot?

Thanks

> However, is it possible to analyse the impedance...

See the attached model.  The key is to set the Show reference input of the Response block to on. An excerpt of the Response Blocks documentation is below.

> Moreover, is it possible to switch between Bode to Nyquist plot? Or is there a way to "transfer" AC sweep data to XY plot?

This is only possible through simulation scripts.  You can generate the plots using PLECS Standalone scripting, as shown in the attached example, or an RPC interface to use an external tool for plotting such as Python. You can acces the simulation script from the Simulation + Simulation scripts... drop down.

Dear Bryan,
thank you very much for your answer. Everything's clear.
However, when I try to run the script, an error regarding "gnuplot" appears.

"Error in script "Script", line 35: you must have gnuplot installed to display graphics; if you have gnuplot installed in a non-standard location, see the "gnuplot_library" function.

What should I do?
Plecs version 4.2.6 64bit build 24174
Octave version 3.0.5

Thanks
Nikilito,

I should have mentioned that the ability to generate graphical output via Octave was introduced in PLECS 4.4.  That release, and future releases, also include the Octave Signal and Control toolboxes.

If you do not have a more up to date PLECS license then you will have to generate these plots using an external scripting tool.

Thanks,
Great news! :)

Thank you for the answer!