Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

The use of DLL module with rt box

0 votes

I made a 3-ph inverter PLECS model today and a DLL was used to connect my codes which were written in visual studio. 

The problem is that there was a error when I wanted to use rt box in real-time simulation. 

The error's detailed description was "This component does not support code generation: Grid_Connected_Converter/DLL", so I really wonder if the DLL can't  be used to rt box simulation.

Sincerely

asked Nov 17, 2022 by OptimisticPoplar (27 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
The usage scenario for the RT Box is to generate C code from a model and then compile this code for the special execution environment of the RT Box. A DLL that was compiled for your Windows computer (that uses a different processor and a different operating system) cannot be used on the RT Box.

The easiest solution is to either model the behavior of your DLL with PLECS blocks or to use a C-Script (which can be compiled for both your computer and the RT Box).
answered Nov 17, 2022 by Oliver Schwartz (622 points)
selected Nov 18, 2022 by OptimisticPoplar