Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Unresolved self-reference

0 votes
I have been trying to create a library of components to manage my modeling needs. However, I am getting an error when I use one of the components as a building block in another subsystem in the same library,
asked Nov 29, 2022 by abugabma (16 points)
I believe this question was addressed directly with the requestor via our Support Ticketing system- can you please confirm?

1 Answer

0 votes
Self-references in libraries are not something which we officially support. They only work if the referenced component was added to the library before the referencing component (such that the referenced component is written to the model file before the referencing component).

If you get an error while saving the library you should be able to fix it by cutting and pasting the top-level subsystem containing the referencing component.
answered Dec 16, 2022 by Oliver Schwartz (618 points)