Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to simulate a square wave current control on a BLDC motor

0 votes
Goodmorning,

as the title of this question states I would like to know how to simulate a BLDC motor with a square wave current using PLECS,
TI Launchpad F28069M, the TI DRV8305EVM inverter and the BLDC QBL42018-100 motor from Trimac.

I see on https://www.plexim.com/sites/default/files/demo_models_categorized/rtbox/launchpad_interface_demo.pdf that what I'm trying to do is possible
but this example is for RT-Box which I don't have and can't use.

My aim is to use the Hall signals as a position sensor so that a square wave current control would be possible. Same signals, as the example above states, are inputs for the duty cycle calculation.
Are there specific examples for this?

I get the theoretical basis about square wave commutation and the PWM chopping related to it, but I'm struggling translating this into PLECS:
the PWM modules from the library don't have a "Chopper" window like Symulink has, so I find quite difficult creating the PWM Chopping by using a C-Script.

Is it possible to create such control using PLECS blocks from library with proper manipulation of the signals or is it required to use ad-hoc blocks which library doesn't have?

Attached you can find the file I'm working on where the Hall signals are imported via digital inputs and are later manipulated via a C-script to calculate which sector is
at the moment.
Duty cycles are still calculated form a current loop in the bottom side of the file where current are read by an ADC and then transformed into DQ quantities.

Hoping I've been clear enough, I wish someone will answer me.
Thanks in advance,

Alberto
asked Nov 30, 2022 by Alberto (16 points)
Contacted the requestor directly to discuss this question.

- Manu

Please log in or register to answer this question.