Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

AC Analysis of COT Control of Buck Converter

0 votes

Hi,

I would like to learn how to obtain the Control-to-Output Frequency Response of a Contant On-Time (COT) Control of a Buck Converter using the Multitone Analysis tool. The parameters of the Converter are as follows:

• L = 300e-9 H
  • C = 56e-6 F/560
  • DCR = 0 Ohm
  • ESR = 6e-3 Ohm
  • R = 120e-3 Ohm
  • Ton = 0.33e-6 s
  • Fsw = 300e3 Hz;

The COT Controller was implemented using FSM. I've applied a perturbation signal to the reference input (Vref) and measured the reponse. Then using the Multitone Analysis Tool, used the following parameters

• Initial simulation period: 1e-4 (s)
  • Frequency range: [1e3 150e3]
  • Amplitude: 1e-3
  • Perturbation: vref'
  • Response: vo'

The image below ilustrates the schematic of the regulator.

The image below ilustrates the implementation of the COT Control using FSM.

The ideia is to get the Control-to-Output Transfer Function according to what was obtained in the following paper "New Modeling Approach and Equivalent Circuit Representation for Current-Mode Control", by Jian Li and Fred. C. Lee.

When I try to obtain the same results using the Multitone Analysis, this is what I get.

Thanks in advance.

asked Dec 13, 2022 by luizgsmartins (12 points)
I see that the plots have a similar behavior as the ones from the paper (we can probably help you to get a "cleaner" Bode plot result), but is your main question the gain magnitude? Are you sure you are comparing the circuit parameters exactly to the model proposed in the paper?

Please log in or register to answer this question.