Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How do I pin the Library Browser to prevent it from disappearing everytime i click somewhere else?

0 votes

The library browser keeps disappearing whenever I click elsewhere making it time consuming to click back on it and select the next component.

asked Jan 24, 2023 by Philip Kasempa (24 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

There isn't a way to pin the Library Browser window, but there are several ways to quickly access the library contents.

You can quickly access the library browser by choosing Library Browser in the Window menu or using the shortcut Ctrl-L on Windows (Cmd + L on MacOS). The Library Browser window will reappear with the text cursor in the search field.

In PLECS 4.4 and above you can also use the quick access feature that lets you insert components in a schematic window without having to change to the Library Browser window.  Single click in an empty portion of the schematic and start typing your search query.

answered Jan 24, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)
selected Jan 28, 2023 by Philip Kasempa