Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Error in Is model of solar cell

0 votes
I am following a course on udemy and it deals with PV model. This course tutorial was done on matlab but I replicated the modelling on plecs by following each video step. In the Is sub system of the video, Taref and Tact was modeled using the reciprocal functions of math functions in the matlab. When I searched for maths function on plecs library, there was no reciprocal function on the math functions block, then I used the function f(u) block to model Taref and Tact. After modeling, I try to run the model and I keep getting Taref and Tact as undefined variable and it keeps giving error.

Please, what can I do?  Attached to this write up is the model and a screenshot of the particular subsystem
asked Feb 11, 2023 by Awesome (30 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The function block performs an operation using the input signal to the block. The input can be a single element or a vector.  If the input is vectorized, u(i) or u[i] represents the ith element of the vector. To access the first element, enter u(1), u[1], or u alone.

So, if the input to the block is Tact and you want the output to be 1/Tact then the expression in the Function block would be "1/u"

You can also use the Divide block for this purpose.  In both cases be careful not to divide by zero.
answered Feb 15, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)