Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

HRPWM with C2000 coder

0 votes
Hi,

I would like to use HRPWM functionality in my application on TMS320F280049C. TI C2000 Coder supports only EPWM. Is there a way to create a block for EPWM with HRPWM function for scratch or extend functionality of already available EPWM block? I must inluce tight phase shift modulation on my model of PSFB.

Also I noticed that there is a possible mistake with F28004x driver for pwm:

void PLX_PWM_configure(PLX_PWM_Handle_t aHandle, uint16_t aModulator, const PLX_PWM_Params_t *aParams){

PLX_PWM_Obj_t *obj = (PLX_PWM_Obj_t *)aHandle;

PLX_ASSERT(aModulator >= 1);

PLX_ASSERT(aModulator <= 6);
}

Second assert causes that program stucks when flashed on device with EPWM7 and EPWM8 configured
asked Feb 24, 2023 by Dawid Kokosa (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Thanks for bringing that driver issue to our attention!

The TI C2000 PWM blocks don't support the HRPWM operation.  The code generation tool chain is open and modifiable, but adding additional functionality is not trivial and will be difficult to keep in sync with future releases of the Target Support Package.

I'll reach out to you off the forum to discuss your application in more detail.
answered Feb 24, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)
selected Feb 25, 2023 by Dawid Kokosa