Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Induction Machine Transformer Core

0 votes
Is there an alternative method to representing the Induction Machine model's transformer core? It appears to just be a Park transformation, however when i try to do it in my test circuit I don't get the same results. Since I am modeling the rotor currents as current sources my VSI doesn't like it (causes state source errors).
asked Mar 15, 2023 by pH (18 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The graphic in your screenshot isn't a Park Transform but rather a Clarke Transform.  It's in the stationary reference frame since there is no angle dependency.  The use of "dq" labels in the model might be a bit misleading in that regard.

In your test model it looks like you haven't quite sorted out what reference frame you want to implement your model.  The reference frame selection is arbitrary, but needs to be consistent.  Stationary and rotor reference frames (based on rotor mechanical position & number of pole pairs) are convenient to implement, but a textbook would give you a more complete description (e.g. Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems by Krause has a good discussion).

The state-source errors could be due to a variety of reasons. One subtle reason might be in the misapplicaiton of "Allow state space inlining" parameter for the controlled sources.  If the source is not a static, constant linear combination of circuit measurements (e.g. use of cos/sin in rotating reference frame transformation) then you should not enable that option. More specifically, you should not use a transformer-based implementation of a reference frame transformation (as used in the PLECS library component) if you're not using the stationary reference frame.
answered Mar 16, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)
edited Mar 16, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick