Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

MOSFET thermal model

0 votes
Dear PLECS Team

In the demo model "Dual Active Bridge" the thermal behavior of the MOSFET "C3M0030090K" is shown (data sheet in the appendix). In the Thermal Chain the Cauer Model is shown with 4 columns (see attachment). I don't understand how the values for R and C are read out from the datasheet. I think you can determine the values with Figure 21 from the data sheet. I would appreciate a detailed description of how these values are read or calculated from the data sheet.

Thank's for your help.
Best regards,
Raphael
asked Mar 29, 2023 by raphael.baumeler (37 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
In this particular case the thermal impedance data was provided by the vendor when they generated the thermal description for that component.

PLECS includes a Thermal Import Wizard to assist in developing thermal descriptions from a datasheet. See the following video starting at 6:23 to learn how to extract the thermal coefficients: https://www.plexim.com/support/videos/thermal_import_wizard
answered Mar 29, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,853 points)