Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Regarding gate falling edge delay and rising edge delay issues.

0 votes
Hi :)

Currently, I am looking into the characteristics of igbt in a converter like the attached picture.

However, as shown in plot 1 of the currently displayed figure, the gate voltage applied to igbt instantaneously becomes 1 and then becomes 0 without delay.

I would like to add a rising edge delay and a falling edge delay to the gate waveform for accurate switching characteristics analysis.

As a result of checking, it seems that the fall and rise times are very short, as shown in the second picture.

In the original case, shouldn't the voltage and current drop and rise after applying the gate waveform?

And how do we solve the problem of pole time and rise time not being applied even though the devices are connected?

How can i solve it?
asked May 17, 2023 by JungWoo (14 points)
edited May 18, 2023 by JungWoo

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

PLECS uses ideal switches with instantaneous turn-on and turn-off transitions for robust, fast simulations. So you are not going to see the non-ideal switching transitions that you can observe with physical switch models and SPICE-type tools, for example. For modeling switching losses one can provide accurate loss data via lookup tables, but this may be a different topic that what you are interested in. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Kris
answered May 22, 2023 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)