Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Demo hvdc_transmission_system_with_mmcs Phase shifted PWM capacitor Voltage balancing

0 votes
The demo hvdc_transmission_system_with_mmcs use amplitude shifted carriers modulation technique, with capacitor balancing script based on amplitude shifted carriers.

I'm trying to build a similar model but with phase shifted carriers, and having technical difficulties with capacitors voltage balancing, what changes I have to do for the current used amplitude based balancing technique? or any paper that explains what has been implemented is highly appreciated to understand the script and how it modifies the PWM.  

attached documents explain what I'm trying to do. I think I can develop a script for the suggested approach but in the last step as described, I need to access the state of the module in the previous control cycle, how I store a parameter value in previous cycle to use in the next one?
asked Dec 3, 2023 by mohammad_qaza (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

The algorithm is based on section IIB of following paper referenced in the demo model:

[1]   S. Rohner, S. Bernet, M. Hiller, R. Sommer, “Modulation, Losses and Semiconductor Requirements of Modular Multilevel Converters,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 57, No. 8, August 2010.

> how I store a parameter value in previous cycle to use in the next one?

You can create a Discrete state and then update the state in the "Update" section of the of the C-Script.  Then you can refer to the Discrete state value in the "Output" section of the C-Script.  The C-Script section of the manual and the Using the C-Script Block tutorial are useful references.

answered Dec 5, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,995 points)