Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to calculate the magnetic resistance for the transformer simulation in the Plecs Magnetic Domain?

0 votes
Hallo,

I am trying to simulate a transformer model in the Plecs magnetic domain. I know that the magnetic resistance is for modeling core losses. Can I get the parameter of the magnetic resistance just from the geometry? Because I don't know the core losses and I want to use the magnetic reisistance to simulate(calculate) it.

Thanks.
asked Apr 8, 2019 by leo601008 (14 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Here is a great resource from our colleague at Plexim's PhD research: https://infoscience.epfl.ch/record/253555/files/2018_APEC_Luo.pdf Inside you will find the calculation of the resistance value for a transformer laminate.

Best regards,

Kris
answered Apr 11, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)