Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

PMSM DTC - Direct Torque Control for Inner Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor

0 votes
Hello all,

I would like to create a model and find inverter losses for the Inner Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Direct Torque Control. I created a model and added it as an attachment. I used the WLTP cycle as a speed reference. I put the parameters from the IPMSM of the Toyota Prius.

First I tried to use the demo model, which is "induction_machine_drive_controlled_with_dtc", but it didn't work for PMSM. RPM went to the negative area. You can find it as "Direct Torque Control" block in my model, which I shared as an attachment.

Second I found a schematic from the MATLAB website and tried to model it. You can find it as "Direct Torque Control_1" block in my model, which I shared as an attachment. At that point, RPM went to the positive area but didn't follow the speed reference.

Matlab schematic link is: https://nl.mathworks.com/help/mcb/gs/direct-torque-control-dtc.html

If you give "0" to a constant value it will work with "Direct Torque Control_1" block.

If you give "1" to a constant value it will work with "Direct Torque Control" block.

Could you please help me to fix the model to follow the given speed reference?
asked Apr 15 by onder44 (12 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.