Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How do I make this system run faster.

0 votes
Hi,

the converter attached below runs smoothly until it slows down a lot at around 24 seconds. How can I make it faster?
asked May 31, 2019 by storm121 (19 points)
Sure. Basically I have a DC-DC converter that slows down a lot at around 24 seconds. At that point the system should go into CV mode since I am using CCCV charging. If you zoom in the system can be seen to be running but really slow. What should I tune to make it faster

1 Answer

0 votes

My 2 Cents:

• Please clean up your PLECS schematic before you submit it to get help. It increases the chance to get a quick answer. 
  • I suspect the circuit is getting stuck in some kind of algebraic loop. (Not an expert on that.)
  • Why does the voltage controller have output saturation and the current controller doesn't? You always want to add output saturation.
  • The combination of the current reference from the voltage controller and the set current is usually done using a MIN(a,b) function in unidirectional converters, not sure what your goal is with the switch. For bidirectional converters it might however get more convoluted. 
  • Applying those two changes worked for me.
  • If you plan to operate the PI controller in constant saturation, you need to think about adding an integrator anti wind-up scheme. 

Hope this helped.

Falk

answered Jun 4, 2019 by Falk Kyburz (253 points)