Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to add the Manufacture models to PLECS Library

0 votes

I want to use the CREE's "SiC MOSFET PLECS models" to my simulation. Even though I can set a search path for a custom library. ".xml" model files do not show up in the User libraries.

Is there any other way to do this ?

asked May 31, 2019 by Madhura (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Did you add the folder containing the .xml files to the list of "Thermal description search paths" in the "Thermal" tab of the PLECS Preferences window? Note that this is not the same as the "User libraries" list in the "Libraries" tab, which is used for creating custom components.

Best regards,

Kris
answered Jun 1, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)

Thank you for the reply.

No , I used the "PLECS Preference" in the "Library browser" then the "Libraries" tab. (Attached image) 

Is there any other way to do this ?

In the next tab to the right, "Thermal", you will find the setting required to link to the folder containing the XML files.
And after, how can I get my device from the library browser?
Hello,

To be clear, there is a difference between "library components", which are custom blocks that can be added to the Library Browser and used in a circuit, and "thermal descriptions", which can be assigned to power semiconductors. You need to establish the paths to both in the PLECS Preferences, but they are not the same. For a Wolfspeed (Cree) SiC MOSFET, you would need to point to the path containing the .xml file from the "Thermal" tab. For a custom component you develop and want to reuse in your own circuit models, you point to the path containing the .plecs/.mdl file in the "Libraries" tab, and then add it in the "User libraries" list.

Best,

Kris