Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How much is the loss erro introduced for not considering the diode reverse recovery behavior in the thermal simulation?

0 votes
Hello everybody,

I’m working with a thermal library and loss calculation. I add the diode thermal model, but I don’t know if the reverse recovery behavior is considered with the thermal model in Plecs? If not, How much is the loss erro introduced for not considering the diode reverse recovery behavior in the thermal simulation? How do I do that?

Thank you in advance,

Wilmar
asked Jun 4, 2019 by wlmr.pnd (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
it depend strongly from the diode you use, power diode have different effect depending from the temperature, for "normal" diode the temperature variation of the reverse recovery is also a factor 100%.

But I think this will not be the main cause of efficiency degradation in your power train, that means in first approximation is negligible.
answered Jun 6, 2019 by tinivella (106 points)
selected Sep 10, 2021 by wlmr.pnd