Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Problem with step fixed-variable

0 votes

Hi everyone.

I'm i'm having a problem with my simulation, at this point, i was using Fixed-step with 1e-8 step size to make my simulations, but i have the following problem:Fixed Step

If i change to variable-step, i get the correct result:

I'm using a couple of ZOH to discretize signals, then, i feed a c-script with this signals to make the control of the converter (the sample time of C-Script is 1/50k [s]). My problem is, when i finish this simulation, i need to program the control and everything in a microcontroller, so, how i can fix the fixed-step simulation???

i'm think is something about the plecs fixed-step solver, but i can change it.

asked Jun 19, 2020 by Matias_L (14 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Matias, you should be using the variable step solver in this instance.  The variable-step solver supports mixing of fixed rate tasks (your digital controller running at 50 kHz) along with accurate modeling of continuous systems (your power stage).
answered Jun 24, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)