Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Modeling a TVS Diode voltage-current behavior in Plecs

0 votes
Hello,

Is it possible to implement an accurate diode behavioral model in Plecs? I am looking something similar to the Simscape Electrical Diode model (https://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sps/ug/tvs-diode-parameterization.html) which implements the diode current/voltage behavior with voltage clamping. I think it should possible with the electrical algebraic component but I can't find good examples. I would to implement a bidirectional current model. (Matlab example is unidirectional)
asked Nov 16, 2020 by pchannegowda (35 points)
Have you looked at the Two Stage LED Driver demo model in the PLECS library? The LED component (right side of the schematic) is a masked subsystem that implements the diode V-I curve using a lookup table and a controlled current source. Would this meet your needs?

Please log in or register to answer this question.