Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Cycling behavior during switching due to probing

0 votes
Hello,

I have already solved a "Cyclic behavior during switching, Switches that bounced" error by detecting that a probe component was the cause, but I would want to understand right why it happened. The probe measured a temperature which was a direct feedthrough input to a C-Script block: this block acted on a IGBT whose activation affected the temperature. The solution for me was to add a simulation step delay ("Memory") between probe component and C-Script block.

My question is: is the following diagnosis right?

An algebraic loop appeared because acting on the IGBT immediately affects the temperature to be measured; but in that same step, modifications on the temperature could potentially affect C-Script outputs and so vary the actuation on the IGBT, so the solver "does not know what to decide".

Thanks in advance.
asked 6 days ago by Pablo (17 points)
Also, the temperature could not (yet) affect actually the C-Script output by how was the code built.

Please log in or register to answer this question.