Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Using resistor resistance value in another block

0 votes
I have added a function block into my schematic which makes a calculation based on the value of a resistor in the schematic. Been looking at the manual, have gone through the forum, but I can't find a way to refer to the resistor value. I tried R1, [R1], and other possibilities, but I'm always getting an error saying the variable is not defined. What is the correct way to do this?
asked Jun 30, 2023 by taydin (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
You would need to define the resistance value by a variable, e.g., R = 1;, in the initialization command window of the Simulation Parameters Window (from the Simulation menu). Then, the R variable could be used elsewhere and you would have consistent values for all instances.
answered Jun 30, 2023 by Kris Eberle (1,591 points)
selected Jul 14, 2023 by taydin