Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to calculate devices losses with a "Thermal Model" ?

0 votes

Hello. I am trying to simulate a total losses on IGBT with the open model "Buck Converter with Thermal Model". I received a message "Error evaluating parameter 'Thermal description' in component buck_converter_with_thermal_model/IGBT1: The value assigned to custom variable 'Rgoff' is not a finite scalar," when I click on the simulated button. The IGBT component was replaced by a open IGBT model with "IKQ100N120CH7". Does it mean I should delete the "Rgoff" parameter ? How can I solve this problem ?

asked Jul 18, 2023 by OuT (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

You need to provide a numerical value to the Gate (on) and Gate (off) resistance parameters in the IGBT mask (Thermal tab):

answered Jul 18, 2023 by Kris Eberle (1,591 points)
selected Jul 19, 2023 by OuT