Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

I can't understand how to use the variable inductor

0 votes
I'm trying to use the variable inductor but I can't have any success, can anyone share some work PLECS simulation, with a working variable inductor?
asked Sep 30, 2023 by DSotoriva (18 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
The component documentation shows several simple examples of the variable inductor. Several machine models use the variable inductor in their implementation, for example the Switched Reluctance Machine, but the models are quite sophisticated.

Do you have an example of what you are trying to model with the variable inductor? One point is that if you are trying to step change the absolute inductance of a component you can model non-physical behavior (i.e. step change in inductance results in a) a step change flux which is a continuous physical quantity b) step change in stored energy in the inductor without the energy being supplied electrically at the component terminals).
answered Oct 3, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)
edited Oct 3, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick
0 votes
Attached an example of variable inductor using Mag-in core curves
answered Oct 30, 2023 by Ernesto Incerti (28 points)