Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Issue on the SCR model

0 votes
I've found a following issue on the SCR model

applaing a dc source on a resitive load via an SCR,  if i turn on the SCR and after i turn it of, after that i apply a resistive load even if the scr is off a current flow from the source to the load, see the picture attached

is it a right working?
asked Nov 20, 2023 by Ernesto Incerti (28 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
This behavior is expected.  From the component mask "The thyristor closes upon a positive voltage between anode and cathode and a non-zero gate signal.  It opens when the current tries to reverse." and in the component documentation "The switch remains closed until the current becomes negative.".  With S1 open note there is a positive voltage across the thyristor.  In your circuit the current will never reverse and the thyristor will remain closed.
answered Nov 21, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)