Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Switching losses a simple boost topology with the SiC module CAB500M17HM3

0 votes
I want to simulate a simple DC-DC boost converter based on a SiC power module 1697-CAB500M17HM3-ND. This item is modeled for Thermal analysis in PLECS, but the switching losses for the upper switch is zero (the lower side MOSFET's switching losses are simulated correctly). I think, It comes from the negative side of the current and this negative current does not model for this SiC power MOSFETs (CAB500M17HM3).

On the other way, the upper side MOSFET's current is reverse/negative and the SiC molded just modeled for the positive sides from (-10A to 1000A). Therefore, the PLECS shows the switching losses equal to zero which is wrong. How can I fix this error?

(For the conduction losses, it seems ok, as both negative and positive currents are modeled)
asked Nov 30, 2023 by Vafa Marzang (12 points)
Vafa, can you post your model so we can better understand your observations?
Please find attached the simulation file for your reference.

It is worth noting that the switching losses for the upper side MOSFET (SH) is zero in this file. Additionally, the model for the power MOSFETs in use is selected from the Wolfspeed database.

Should you require any additional information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Please log in or register to answer this question.