Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Modeling a photovoltaic string problem

0 votes

Hello

I am carrying out the MPPT algorithm for the solar panel array using the BP365 model, I found a file pv_lookup_data_bp365.mat, where the information of this specific module is located, the simulation in plecs works well. My question is how can I obtain the .mat file for another photovoltaic module with other characteristics, for example the BP585 module. I have searched for information, but I have not been successful in my search. Appreciate your help

Greetings
Daniel

asked Feb 7 by dasf (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
PLECS does not include a database of profiles for PV panels.  There are several online resources and papers that include procedures to go from datasheet parameters like Voc, Isc, etc. to a equivalent IV curves. Alternatively, the BP585 module datasheet may contain IV data as well, which can be digitized and converted into lookup table data.
answered Feb 8 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)