Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Including a subsystem as component in a custom library (PLECS Standalone)

0 votes

As a side project I'm trying to create a new component for a full non-linear (single-diode) model of a PV device under variable irradiance and temperature conditions.

The model all lies inside a subsystem with electrical and signal ports, and my idea was to add it as a custom library component.

I followed the instructions on this video, but instead of finding the subsystem in the custom library, I get all the individual components of the subsystem added. 

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

asked Mar 7 by Gabriele Lozito (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You need to add a mask to your subsystem to make it appear as a single component in the library browser - otherwise the library browser uses subsystems to just group components together.

See chapter "Masking subsystems" in the PLECS manual for details on how to add a mask to a subsystem.
answered Mar 7 by Oliver Schwartz (622 points)