Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Why my simulation shows inconsistent source, state/source dependence ?

0 votes

Hi I have been simulating the above circuit, I just want make the currents magnitudes in the 3 terminals as I want. So Im modelling my load as controlled current sources. I have connected capacitors between each phase just to terminate the current sources. But when I simulate plecs shows me that the controlled current sources are insonsistent. How can I solve this? I have attached my simulation file, the input values can be changed.

Thank you,

Manoj

asked May 15, 2019 by Manoj (13 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi Manoj,

The current source needs a valid return path at all times, which is not given in your circuit.

The PLECS documentation states: "A current source may not be open-circuited or connected in series to an inductor or any other current source."

Hope this helps.

Falk
answered May 16, 2019 by Falk Kyburz (253 points)
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. To provide the return path I connected the capacitors, if I'm correct. If not then how do I provide valid return path for current?

Thank you.
Hi Manoj. Sure, but consider what happens when one of the switches opens instantaneously and then open-circuits the path to the current source. A fix could be as simple as adding a parallel resistance to each current source, but you will need to decide a proper design for your system.