Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Hysteretic Core: Error Parameters must meet condition...

0 votes

Hi,

to model the losses of a coil I implemented the "Hysteretic Core" Block. Although I added the material parameters of the ferrite (soft magnetic material) correct, I receive the following Error message:

"Initialization commands cannot be evaluated: Parameters must meet condition: H_c/Hsat <= 0.8*B_r/Bsat".

If I change the parameters a bit I get:

"Parameters must meet condition: H_c/H_sat >= 0.05."

Is there a way to change the conditions? Maybe in the underlying Preisach model?

Is there an alternative to model soft magnetic materials in PLECS?

Thanks

asked Dec 1, 2021 by PFC (14 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The hysteresis model in the library can not fit all materials, for certain combinations of Br, Hc, the model can not be parameterized. The existing hysteresis block in the library is best suited to simulate “hard” materials with wide loop area, which the parameter restrictions above attempt to enforce.

There is work underway for a modified implementation of the Hysteretic Core component that supports modeling of soft magnetic materials.  Please reach out to support@plexim.com along with the data available from your material so we can evaluate if this new model is a good fit.
answered Dec 3, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)