Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Non-sampled zero crossings

0 votes
Hi!

I have this error "Maximum number of iterations exceeded during evaluation of non-sampled zero crossings. Please try reducing the sample time or increasing the refine factor."

The model runs in fixed-step and whenever I reduce the sample time, the memory is full and the model can't run.
Thank you!
asked Oct 3, 2023 by Magdalini (20 points)
edited Oct 5, 2023 by Magdalini

1 Answer

0 votes

Your model has many scopes and a small time step.  The combination requires large amounts of memory to store the simulation data. See: https://www.plexim.com/support/solutions/151

The model also uses the "Memory" block in many locations.  This means that changing the fixed step size changes the delays in your system which is not desirable.  I would advise using a variable-step solver and replacing the variable "Memory" delays with "Zero order holds" or discrete delays as appropriate.  The C-Scripts may also require some small modifications to support a variable step solver.

answered Oct 3, 2023 by Bryan Lieblick (1,909 points)