PMSM FOC works in offline simulation but not on RT Box

SSZ.plecs (211.1 KB)

Hello,

I am using the Plexim “Sensorless Vector Control of a PMSM” demo model as a reference to implement the FOC of my own PMSM. I have modified the demo model with my motor parameters, switching frequency, controller parameters, and operating conditions.

I have successfully implemented and tested the modified FOC model in PLECS offline simulation, and it is working as expected.

However, when I try to run the same model on the RT Box, it does not work as expected.

I am not sure what I am missing when moving from the offline simulation to the RT Box implementation. The motor and controller parameters have been calculated/tuned for my PMSM, and the required controller blocks have been discretized for real-time implementation. Since I started from the working Plexim demo model and the modified model is also working correctly offline, I expected similar behavior after deploying it to the RT Box.

My main configuration is:

  • PMSM FOC
  • DC-link voltage: 600 V
  • Switching frequency: 6 kHz
  • Pole pairs: 2
  • Rated power: 10 kW
  • Rated mechanical speed: 1500 rpm
  • Current and speed PI controllers adapted for my motor
  • Discrete controller implementation for RT Box

I would like to understand whether there are any additional changes required when moving from the offline model to RT Box, particularly regarding:

  • Plant and controller sample times
  • Fixed-step/discrete implementation
  • PWM configuration and timing
  • RT Box task configuration
  • I/O scaling or delays
  • Any other RT Box-specific settings that may cause the offline and real-time results to differ

I am attaching my modified PLECS model so that the configuration can be checked directly.

I would really appreciate any suggestions about what I may have missed or what I should check to identify why the model works correctly offline but not on the RT Box.

Thank you in advance for your help.